Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Islam in the Maldives

I Find This Hard To Believe - Wait No, I Don't

BCF has a piece on the Maldives HRC dumping on Islam in a recent ruling. I don't know if he noticed the source was a blog called Islam Maldives - For the establishment of an Islamic State.

As the site points out:
The main purpose of this blog is to host debate on Islam in the Maldives. My own belief is that we need the imposistion of an Islamic state and indeed this is cumpulsory upon us as Muslims. Other opinions are welcome however if they stay within Islamic etiquittes and manners.
The post on the HRC was here, and is interesting to say the least.

But, the site is a thing of, what's the word? Words fail me here.

Here is a little of the language of the post:
“I don’t think killing people and going on jihad are allowed in Islam,”

How can anyone who claims to be Muslim say such a thing? Not only is Jihad allowed but it was proscribed for us and it is an obligation:

Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not.
Surah Al Baqarah 2:216

Cancel our vacation to the Maldives this year, honey. I want to go some place warm, not some place hot.

No comments: