Saturday, May 22, 2010

Are You in Need of Healing?

Father Fernando Suarez CC

Many years ago, I was afflicted seriously with arthritis.  It came on me suddenly.  One day I was fine.  The next day I was crippled.  I went to my doctor, who diagnosed it, and recommended pain killers and sent me to physiotherapy.  I had the good sense at the time to offer it up to the Lord, to pray for healing, but to accept whatever God's plan might be for me.  In the mean time, the physio and painkillers did not seem to have any effect on it.  I could not pick up my young daughters at the time even.  It hurt too much to bend over.  I had to crawl up the stairs to our bedroom and bathroom, and move very gingerly to get back down.

On one particular day, I had driven about 100 miles out of town to see a client.  On the way back, I heard a voice inside me telling me to call Wayne.  Wayne is my long time friend and prayer partner Wayne Zimmer.  Although I had a car phone, I knew that I was not to call him at that moment, but when I got home.

When I arrived home, I hobbled up the steps at the back door, and as I came in my wife asked if I was ready for dinner.  I told her there was something I had to do first.  I walked into our living room where the phone was, and picked it up to dial Wayne's house, which was a few hundred yards down the street.  Before I started to dial his number I heard his voice from the other end of the phone say abruptly to me: "Well, are you coming or not?"  He told me to meet him at the park that was halfway between our two houses.

I told my wife that I had to see Wayne, and hobbled up the street to the park.  I met him at the baseball diamond that I had been playing on just the previous year, and at his instruction sat down on the player's bench.  He immediately prayed over me, and within minutes, I was totally and completely healed of all pain.  After we praised God for His healing touch through my brother in Christ, I returned home.

The next day, I went to my physio therapy appointment, and told my therapist that I did not need to come anymore.  I explained to her what had happened, and she tested my movement and reflexes.  I do not know what she believed in the end, but I know what I believe.  God chose to heal me of arthritis, and I have never had it since.

So, that was by way of introduction into the healing ministry of Father Fernando Suarez, a priest of the Companions of the Cross, who has been gifted with the power to bring healing from God to those afflicted.  You might say that I have reason to believe that God loves us enough to heal us if we ask.

John Pacheco at Socon or Bust wrote about Father Suarez and his healing mass and service in Ottawa last night.

He provided a link to Father's web site as well.

But, what might be even more important to you today, if you are in need of healing is this YouTube video which is also linked from both of the above places.

God is able to heal us at any time and at any place.  We must trust Him to do as He sees fit in each and every case, but we must have faith that He desires to heal our hearts, our minds, our sin sick souls, our sicknesses and diseases.
God healed me instantly of arthritis about 21 years ago.  He has been healing my body, heart, mind, and my marriage for the last 6 1/2 years since I was injured in an auto accident.  I trust that He knows what needs healing in my life and that He is more than able to do what is needed, as it serves His plan and purpose for my life, and His timing.

Will you trust Him to meet all your needs through His riches and glory?

No comments: