Saturday, December 25, 2021

TO DISTRACTION

 Merry Christmas.


Last evening, we attended Christmas Eve Mass. it was a beautiful celebration, and our pastor gave a wonderful homily.

During his homily, I heard the voice of Jesus ask me a question. “Do you know how much I love Father Bob?” He answered His own question immediately. “To distraction. . . . Tell him.” It’s not appropriate to interrupt a priest mid homily, so, of course I didn’t.

As we were leaving the sanctuary after Mass, Father Bob was surrounded by people, and I heard again: “Tell him”. Suddenly, there was no one near Father, so I approached him, and asked him the question Jesus asked me, then answered it for him. This brought a smile to his face and heart.

This morning when I awoke, I heard Jesus say to me: “Now tell others.” So, I am telling you, and hoping that you will receive the greatest gift of Christmas, the love of Jesus. . . To distraction.

How much joy would come into our world, if we knew in our hearts, that we are loved to distraction by the Lord of All? There is nothing you can do to make Him love you more, and nothing you have done in the past can detract from His Love for you. He loves YOU . . . To Distraction.

If you sense in your heart, that someone you will have contact with in this Christmas season, or anytime, for that matter, needs to know how much God loves them, tell them . . . To Distraction.

God Bless You.

Michael

No comments: