Saturday, December 26, 2009

Words from a Prophet

Joshua Checks In for Christmas

Every year, I sit and ponder how momentous a moment we celebrate every year. The BIRTH of Jesus Christ is a BEGINNING - a renewable beginning - and every year we are invited to climb aboard the train for the ride. It's almost like a party, except BETTER.

I know it doesn't sound too spiritual of me, but the very THOUGHT of Christ's birth - the very thought of it - overwhelms me every year. Smiles, tears, laughter - they all come in copious quantities. The Christ child is HERE! It's absolutely wonderful...

Time to pray - for myself, my family, you and your family, the neighbours across the street and next door...

Time to celebrate - the Birth of the Word Made Flesh, faith in God, and our salvation from all things worldly and sinful...

Time to work - on my eternal soul and for the betterment of this world which God made for us all.

Time to count the ticking seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, and months of miracles ahead.

Christ is born. God is alive, magic is afoot...

No comments: