Wednesday, January 20, 2021

IN THE DESERT

 In the Desert

January 20, 2021 6:45 am


After My Baptism, I was driven to the desert, where I fasted and prayed for 40 days.  After 40 days with no physical nourishment, my body was weakened.  


It was at this time that the devil came to me.  But, he did not come as the devil, but as a friendly man of the desert.  He tempted me with food, protection from harm, and offered me the kingdom of this world, which is still his domain.


You have been starved not for physical food, but for the everlasting, redeeming food of My body and blood.  The devil is an opportunist, and uses whatever is available to him to turn my people away from Me, and lead them astray.


Where I contended with the barren wilderness, and debilitating weather conditions, you are in the midst of a spiritual chaos, that has begotten physical chaos in the world around you.


In the desert, the Father was near to me, and spoke to me of My Mission, and prepared me for the years of ministry that were to follow.


So too, I am preparing you for your mission to the lost tribes of Israel.  In the desert, I lost any fat, I had stored, as well as some muscle, but gained so much more from my time in prayer with My Father and yours.


In your time in the desert, you have been able to turn from many distractions, and focus on Me and let me teach you and open your hearts and minds to the abundance of My Mercy and Love for you and for all mankind.


The devil will tempt you as he did Me, with a false gospel, which will sound nice.  But, I have prepared you to be able to see through this lie, by filling your spirit with the true Gospel.


He will offer you protection from sickness, and from those who would seek to harm you.  But, I have given you Wisdom, which you must constantly call on, to see through his wicked schemes.  Though all will seem lost with no way out, I will lead you to safety.


One of his favorite tricks is to fill your head with thoughts that are temptations to take matters into your own hands.  In my Word, I have told you that the Holy Spirit will give you the words to speak, when it is time.  


The devil wants you to speak religious sounding words in haste and anger, that will turn people away from you, and therefore from Me.  Be quick to listen for My guidance to you, and slow to speak.


As you hunger to receive Me in Eucharist, offer that hunger to me as a sacrifice for those Christians who do not believe in my Eucharistic presence, for those who have lost faith in My Presence, and for all who do not know Me.


As the Father did not abandon Me in the desert, know that I will never abandon you.  I am the Good Shepherd, and am always looking to bring My lost sheep into My fold.


One time you asked me what I wanted from You.  My answer for you and for everyone on the face of the earth, is as it was that day. “Everything!”

No comments: