Monday, August 13, 2012

Please Come Home

A Call From "True Life in God"

Between 1986 and 2003, Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ  used the hand of Vassula Rhyden to write a call of love to all His people here on earth.  It, in no way supplants the Holy Bible, nor the teachings of the Magisterium of the Church.  But, it does supplement the Truth that we have written in our hearts, though supplement is an inadequate word to describe this work.
I have found this book to be invaluable as I seek to draw closer to the God of Love, and to conform my life to what He desires it to be.

I have long been troubled by the words of Jesus calling us all to be one, as He and the Father are one, particularly when I gaze upon the world of Christianity, and its division upon division upon division.  It is clear to me that this separation of believers in Jesus Christ from each other is caused by man's disobedience, mine no less than that of any other man on the earth, or who has walked on the earth.  Today, while reading from True Life in God (page 504 of the 1550 pages in the PDF version of the book available for free here), I read the following:
I call each one of My shepherds by their name, but very few hear My Voice ... I stifle, I suffocate to see them filled with dead words; hear Me, I have, daughter, called you to serve the cause of right, I have taken you by the hand and formed you to witness, I have shown you the Truth and I have unveiled your eyes to see whom I had chosen to sit in Peter’s Chair, and to whom I once said: “you are Peter and on this rock I will build My Church; and the gates of the underworld can never hold out against it; I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven: whatever you bind on earth shall be considered bound in heaven; whatever you loose on earth shall be considered loosed in heaven;” (Mt. 16:18-19)     
I had given this man this Authority, and today you are trying to overthrow him and steal his shepherd’s staff so that you rule with the sceptre of Falsehood and Vice; Peter? Peter-of-My-Lambs, My beloved shepherd, I know how your heart lacerates and bleeds in rivers for this ungrateful and unfaithful generation; I know how they have turned your eyes into a spring of tears; I know how many of your brothers have turned their backs to you; these are, My beloved, those shepherds who know nothing, feel nothing, they all go their own way, each after his own interest, serving Folly instead of Wisdom, Lust instead of Poverty, Disobedience instead of Obedience;  
I gaze from My Cross on all who inhabit the world, and I am telling you who people many nations, that soon the Hour is with you, the time is almost up, and the days will not last long before you pass your nights weeping, you unfaithful shepherds, shepherds who sin against Me by faithlessness, you who cry Peace! when there is no Peace; return to Peter, all you who have strayed away in a different direction; serve Me; why serve Unholiness? be Mine, not the Rebel’s, why are you so willing to serve the Rebel? even foreigners, even these have listened to My Voice and have understood My Words; My Principles are Holy and I tell you most solemnly that Holy They shall remain forever and ever     
daughter, read My Word  
(The Lord indicated to me where. Again in Mt. 5:18-19.)  
read and write: “I tell you solemnly, till heaven and earth disappear, not one dot, not one little stroke, shall disappear from the Law until its purpose is achieved; therefore the man who infringes even one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be considered the least in the kingdom of heaven; but the man who keeps them and teaches them will be considered great in the kingdom of heaven;"
How can we think that we, mere mortals, had the authority to "Reform" God's Holy Church?  When Jesus said that He formed His Church under His Peter, who are we to Re-form it, and if so, in who's image were we reforming it?

There is no doubt that there was corruption in the Catholic Church in the time of the Reformation.  There is corruption in every hearts and mind of every person on the earth, including every person who has claimed Christ as Lord and Saviour.  It is a function of the human condition.

But, when Christ's words are so very clear, who are we to try and turn them to justify our own sin?

It is time for all Christians to unite.  Our enemy is not each other, but the principalities and rulers of this dark and evil age.  The energy that we expend haggling over man made doctrine is destructive, at a time when we must be on the alert for the real evil in this world.

1.2 billion babies have been aborted in the last 32 years, many of them the babies of women and men proclaiming themselves to be Christians.  Many more babies have been created only to die before implantation because of the use of oral contraceptives.

We live our lives for ourselves, not for Christ, and how is that serving us?  Look around you.  It does not serve us well.

We must all turn our hearts towards Jesus, seek forgiveness for our sins, swear our allegiance to Him, and Him alone, and then turn and see Him in our brothers and sisters.  Every person on this earth is a son or daughter of God.  Every one is our brother and sister.

No comments: