Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Lest We Forget


Remembrance Day 2009

Today, we take some time to remember all those men and women from Canada and other countries who have fought for and many have died for the freedom that we enjoy in our country. Though many of them are probably rolling over in their graves at what is being excused as freedom in this day and age, we owe them a great debt of gratitude.

My father was a fighter pilot in the RCAF and flew Spitifires out of Tangmere air base in England for 2 tours of duty with the 421 Red Indian Squadron. I have his old flight logs and one of the particular planes that he flew, AU H, is pictured in the National Archives. When I found the picture, I made it a screen saver on my computer so that I can remember my Dad and what he helped do for our country.

Say a prayer for all our brave men and women, including those currently in Afghanistan today.

No comments: