Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Cloud Computing - Who Knew!

You Know - It Feels Like I am in a Cloud

A lot of what I learn, I learn from Dilbert:

Todays Comic

There really is such a thing as Cloud Computing.

As Wikipedia reports here:

Cloud computing is Internet- ("cloud-") based development and use of computer technology ("computing"). In concept, it is a paradigm shift whereby details are abstracted from the users who no longer need knowledge of, expertise in, or control over the technology infrastructure "in the cloud" that supports them. It typically involves the provision of dynamically scalable and often virtualized resources as a service over the Internet.

The term cloud is used as a metaphor for the Internet, based on how the Internet is depicted in computer network diagrams and is an abstraction of the underlying infrastructure it conceals. Typical cloud computing services provide common business applications online that are accessed from a web browser, while the software and data are stored on the servers.



I never knew. Nor did I really care, but I thought you might be interested.

No comments: