Wednesday, February 3, 2010

How Your Spouse Affects Your Mortality

Who Knew!!


Here is a comment I received in an email from a company marketing stuff for brain health.
A new study published in the Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health shows that the education and income level of your spouse are very important indicators of your mortality, independent of your own education and income level.

The study found that men married to well-educated women had longer lifespans, all else equal. The researchers suggest that the cause of this might be related to the sharing of information that occurs in close relationships. Well-educated people tend to be better able to take advantage of knowledge about healthy behaviors.

And the critical indicator for a wife's longevity? Her husband's income level or social class.

So if you want to live longer, marry a smart woman or a wealthy man!
I am married to a very smart woman.  She is not married to a wealthy man.  I win, I guess.

Frankly, I think the most important thing to do with our life span right now, is being in love with each other.  I may not have a lot of money, but I am a very wealthy man.  I am married to the love of my life, and she is too.

No comments: