Friday, January 21, 2011

Patience and Wisdom

In my life, I have learned that among the most important qualities in a person are patience and wisdom.

Patience for me has come after many hard lessons.  In fact, God, in His patience and wisdom finally had to hit me in the back of the head with a Ford Aerostar van over 7 years ago.  Patience for me became not an option.  I wish that I had been able to learn patience another way, but I am grateful that He loves me enough to teach me patience inspite of my long term impatience.

Wisdom is a whole other matter.  Many of us possess tons of knowledge.  A life lived will give you that.  For many of us, our knowledge has been limited.  At 60 years of age, do I have 1 year of experience 60 times, or 60 years of experience?  But, wisdom is not just about what you know.  There is wisdom in knowing what you do not know, and even more can be found in not knowing what you don't know.

Here is a humorous pictorial example of wisdom and patience.  Works for me.

No comments: